Sunday, March 2, 2014

My recipe for natural flea shampoo


Today is all about Spring (I think it's almost here) and running in the field and bunnies and sunshine and...
... oh no: the return of the FLEAS!


Yeah, they itch, they hop, they bite, they give me a rash... I really hate those suckers!

But I live in a house of super healthy health nuts: no GMO's, no grains, no chemicals - nothing bad for you. 
So flea control starts at the root here. And it begins with bath-time for Titus! 



Mom doesn't like to use chemicals on herself or on us flea-taxis. So it's important for us to start flea control as early as possible in the year. That means good organic food, natural garlic supplements (you know: think vampires!) and things like carefully sprinkling Diatomaceous earth (say that five times...) and salt on carpets (that dries out eggs) and lots of vacuuming.  

But today I thought I'd share our recipe for our all natural flea shampoo with you.

Here it is:


You mix all those things, give them a good shake, and then comes my least favorite part: bath time.

While I give my rubber duckie a good work out, Mom scrubs me down from top to bottom for ten minutes with the scrubby brush and a nice helping of my shampoo.
Nope, this doesn't smell good, but that's the point: the fleas hate it!

And when you're done and dry and after you've wrestled with the towel for a little bit, then the flea comb comes and picks out any extra fleas that might be hiding in your hair that haven't jumped ship yet. You'll see: it works! 

There are wonderful natural flea sprays available too, and those smell a little better. They usually have clove, orange and peppermint in them. A great place to find those in C-Ville is this. 

You can also make your own. But be careful: only use the best organic essential oils and sparingly, and always dilute and read up on them first! They can be pretty powerful and not every pet or animal reacts well to them. 



Okay, so go knock'em dead and tell them Titus sent you!

I'm on my way to the tub now!
xx TITUS

PS: here is another great link for natural flea control options:

c/2014 TitusTheTeckel.blogspot.com SheridanAvenueStudios CasatiArtStudio

No comments:

Post a Comment